Technical question

Welcome! Take some time to fill out your personal profile, I invite you to add your commercial website if you have one. Let everyone who has already joined know you're here, and leave a brief post. Feel comfortable to create a private profile if you are so inclined. The login procedures will be the same.
Diana

Technical question

Post by Diana »

I don't see a sub forum for technical assistance. But maybe it's there and I'm being blinded by the Sun XIX.

I posted an attachment (picture) but it's very small and can't be clicked on to be made bigger. I assume it's something to do with the amount of pixels/size? What size must one make it for it to be more user friendly?

I recently left Cult of Tarot (another tarot discussion forum) and I'm going to copy a lot of my posts here that I made over there. And there are often attachments. The majority refer to the TdM, so maybe a TdM sub forum would be nice to have. Unless this forum is more focused on RWS, and in that case, I'll post in the general tarot forum.

I can't very well post about Le Bateleur in a sub forum that's called The Magician. Nor can I post about Justice VIII in a subforum where Justice has the number 11.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Re: Technical question

Post by Demon Goddess »

Although I have been running forums since the 80s this is my first forum I have ever created!

The technical support section is DEFINITELY missing, my apologies! I will create one.

I will take a look at the controls and definitely adjust the ability to increase image sizes.

I will add a TdM subforum, as I agree, one cannot Thoth a TdM... I know, TdM is my archnemesis after a poker deck. I read them both like a blind woman.

I suppose then, I should add a section for RWS and the Wildwood gangs, too!

This forum is based on Tarot.

All things tarot.

As such, I anticipate a sub-forum for numerology, astrology and the i-ching.

AND I will likely expand my own studies in cross culturing tarot with my yoga practice, which is a pathway into darkness. But that's going to be linked to my personal tarot site, which I haven't gone live with yet (DemonGoddessTarot.com) so it 404s.

So, I encourage all those who have a tarot practice to take full advantage. As a result of my online relationship with folks such as we see already members of this forum, I learned that the best way to improve my own understanding of myself and my life was to learn everything and anything that I can about how to read these cards.

I'm hoping to add online workshops as well, but I currently lack a personal assistant and my hot pepper and food manufacturing business is taking off. (Yay)

Also, my BFF Umbrae has graciously signed on to handle the Lenormand section of the subforums.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Diana

Post by Diana »

Demon Goddess, Oh, these things take time to set up. It's already wonderful that there's this new forum. I ran a TdM forum once with a friend, and another on Tarot in general. The Blue and the Red forum, but we merged them in the end.

It's better in the beginning not to have too many subforums. Because they remain empty until the forum picks up and gets members - and particularly members that are active! And no-one wants to join a forum when most of the sub forums are empty. You can always move threads at a later date if you open up new ones. There's no harm in some threads being lumped altogether in one sub forum for some time.

I was also moderator on Aeclectic for a number of years (then got banned like so many good folk). So I know that running a forum takes time and it's not as easy as people think.

It's better to have a partner. Who can look after things for you when you're busy or unavailable. One will turn up in time - when the forum grows, you'll find the support you require.

Am thrilled you've taken this initiative. People have drifted from forums and are all on facebook. But facebook cannot replace a forum. All the interesting stuff just gets lost on facebook. There's no coherence.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

Well, we NOW have a technical question thread. :)

It's a start. I appreciate your comments. Any advice is welcome.

It seems You and I never managed to meet on the Purple Pages. It seems like forever ago.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Diana

Post by Diana »

Great!! You know I was thinking, if you removed the numbers from the Major Arcana, I think that it would be okay, until the forum starts growing to a nice size, to put all the traditions in the same section. If you removed the numbers from them. I think even a diehard TdMer can quite happily live with a Hierophant or a High Priestess. Even a Magician (I've changed my mind! - lol - ). But one thing a TdM person CANNOT do - and this is because if we do, the Tarot Masters in the sky notice this - is to have Justice as XI and Strength as VIII. This is sacrilege of the highest sort. It is even rumoured that once this has been done, we lose our right to redemption.

Maybe there won't even be a need for different sections. I reckon a forum grows organically so time will tell.

Or alternatively, put two numbers in the titles. Strength XI/VIII and Justice VIII/XI. That will make some people scratch their heads!! 😮

There's no harm in mingling after all. The Tarot is not xenophobic. The Tarot of Marseilles is a bit haughty, and rightly so, but she's not against mingling (as long as the shoulders don't rub too closely. That she cannot stand.)

I was also wondering if we'd met, Demon Goddess, but I don't believe we did. I remember the strong and good characters over there. And I don't remember you.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I'm on it.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

So I have removed the numbers, That will make the Majors more accessible to everyone. :)

I considered doing the viii/xi thing, but then I'd have to do the Universe/world thing.

so, I'll just let it go organic. If I have to move things around later, that's okay too.

XaraLouise

Post by XaraLouise »

Seems I missed you BOTH on the purple pages! :shock:

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I was thrown off because I did not appreciate the moderator editing my post. It was rather ugly.

And expensive. I had just paid my two years.

I swore I would open my own board one day, and here is the promise fulfilled.

I have some work to do. I have some loose ends to tie up and then I will be able to focus on my tarot.

I am so excited.

Let me know if there is anything you'd druther see. I has Goddess like powers around here. ;)