Talking about decks?

Join practiced Canadian tarot readers to learn the meanings of the cards. Here we will discuss the underlying symbolism and subtle nuances found in the card images. We will disscus how the different cards differ from each other and indeed work together.

I have started a separate forum topic for each individual card in the 22 majors, and in each of the four suits: Cups, Swords, Wands and Pentacles, to help you practice and learn Tarot, to understand your cards so they become as important a life tool for you as they are for me.
Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Talking about decks?

Post by Demon Goddess »

I am currently using Emily Carding's Tarot of the Sidhe as my working deck.

What deck are YOU using?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

fire cat pickles

Re: Talking about decks?

Post by fire cat pickles »

I am working on TdM at the moment.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I will have to do a study on the :TdM, I have an easier time reading with a poker deck. I should get Enrique to give us a study on it, he know more about TdM, I think than anyone.

Do you find it easy to read with?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

fire cat pickles

Post by fire cat pickles »

I find the pips less intrusive than the illustrations at times, yes. Also, the more I learn about the decans, the less I understand how the GD came up with their meanings. (I sometime put decans meanings with the TdM pips--Iknow shame on me!). I don't get how 5 of Cups is so negative, for instance. It's Mars in Scorpio FFS. Or how 3 of Wands is so positive--it's Venus in Aries (detriment). And why is Mars in Gemini (10 of Swords) negative? It really boggles the mind. I might be getting off topic here. Reading pips is much more free-flow-y

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

Technically, it's not off topic. Things like THAT are the point of this forum. Too many people aren't on Facebook anymore, and I don't even want to be there but for my local shop traffic. So, this seemed the best thing to work on during the Pandemic!

Nancyk

Post by Nancyk »

I've been mixing them up lately but my go to is Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Tarot.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I love Ciro's work. I don't have the gilded myself.

Umbrae

Post by Umbrae »

What am I using these days...

TdM (either Grimaud or Trionfi Della Luna (Patrick Valenza), C.H. Thoth, and Lennys (blue owl mostly).
I've developed an allergy towards fully illustrated decks, and the WCS causes heart palpitations.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

Today I'll be reading my Tarot Horoscopes with the Revelations deck.

I'd be very concerned if cards were giving me heart palpitations, though, dude! ;)