On politics and current events

Join practiced Canadian tarot readers to learn the meanings of the cards. Here we will discuss the underlying symbolism and subtle nuances found in the card images. We will disscus how the different cards differ from each other and indeed work together.

I have started a separate forum topic for each individual card in the 22 majors, and in each of the four suits: Cups, Swords, Wands and Pentacles, to help you practice and learn Tarot, to understand your cards so they become as important a life tool for you as they are for me.
Demon Goddess
Site Admin

On politics and current events

Post by Demon Goddess »

Have you used your cards to read on politics or current events?

What sort of outcomes have you gotten? Were your readings accurate? Should we read on topics like this?

What are your thoughts?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

moderndayruth

Re: On politics and current events

Post by moderndayruth »

Demon Goddess wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:59 pm
Have you used your cards to read on politics or current events?

What sort of outcomes have you gotten? Were your readings accurate? Should we read on topics like this?

What are your thoughts?
Last year or so I've been getting Death in all my readings...
Like, a client would ask about his grandson (baby to be born back then); all beautiful cards... And then Death. I had started skipping it, i wouldn't mention it. Like, all amazing cards, and out of the blue - Death. To some old sitters I'd say it's coming out and that i had no idea what it meant. I did separate readings: is it about me? No.
My family? No.
Someone close to me? No.
What i need to know? Death.
I remember as Dan was saying, cards can't be wrong, we can... The pandemics never crosses my mind, honestly.
Wnen it was announced, i asked the 'prognoses', hmm... i think i still have the pic of the reading, I'll try to attach it.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

Oh! Remember when we were all talking about the tower spiralling into our readings in the weeks leading up to 911?

Same thing. I believe we've all been seeing THIS in our cards, and not recognizing it.

Who could?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Umbrae

Post by Umbrae »

I've never read on politics.
I've attempted to read tarot for stock market outcomes (both general and specific equity issues) with horrid results. Same with sporting events.
I think that when looking at these things - it's that there are so many individuals involved, so many exogenous factors, that accurate predictions break down.

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I feel the same way about reading for young children. :) So much potential so many possibilities.

I'm a poli-geek, tho, so I like reading on politics.