Always late to the party...

Welcome! Take some time to fill out your personal profile, I invite you to add your commercial website if you have one. Let everyone who has already joined know you're here, and leave a brief post. Feel comfortable to create a private profile if you are so inclined. The login procedures will be the same.
Helvetica

Always late to the party...

Post by Helvetica »

...but I’ve brought wine and tarot cards, so I’m hoping I can still join in.

I’m an Anglo-Swiss tarot lover and writer (amongst other things), hence my username, and some of you also know me as Sophie. I’m delighted to see some familiar names and some unfamiliar too.

I’ve been reading tarot for a long time - Tarot de Marseille (thank you Diana, you got me hooked), but also Thoth, RWS-ish (I don’t like the actual RWS, though it was my first deck), various other decks - some esoteric, some not. I love all aspects of tarot - the iconography, the beauty, The spiritual power, the stories, the history, the quirkiness, the creativity, and as you might gather from my signature, the literature.

I love it that in a nutty world there are people ready to argue about the shape of a Pope’s crozier, the meaning of a lantern or whether cards are best illustrated with things or with people (or animals).

Tina hauled me over here when she realised I was in purdah - I’m happy to join you all.
“I have come full circle and I understand. The world must be read backward. All is clear.”
― Italo Calvino, The Castle of Crossed Destinies

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Re: Always late to the party...

Post by Demon Goddess »

Bout time you got here.

Let me know if you see anything you need changed about the decor.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams