Card of the Day

Join practiced Canadian tarot readers to learn the meanings of the cards. Here we will discuss the underlying symbolism and subtle nuances found in the card images. We will disscus how the different cards differ from each other and indeed work together.

I have started a separate forum topic for each individual card in the 22 majors, and in each of the four suits: Cups, Swords, Wands and Pentacles, to help you practice and learn Tarot, to understand your cards so they become as important a life tool for you as they are for me.
Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Card of the Day

Post by Demon Goddess »

This is the most often cited "practice" for new tarot readers. It is an excellent way to not only learn a deck well, but to practice exercising your tarot muscles. Use them or lose them is a good adage, like riding a bike, you may never forget what you've learned, but if you don't practice, you cannot improve.

You might want to create a virtual notebook or a paper one to document your practice as you learn. Many people will use one page per card, and add to the page as new insights manifest over time.

A card of the day is specifically to determine one's energies over the coming 24 hours. Typically somone will use the cards as a starting point, where to go, or not go, as the card indicates. This practice is not only very useful for memorizing the details of the card, but how the meaning of the cards manifest in daily life.

This is a mediatation practice and would typically take about ten to fifteen minutes.

To begin, draw one card from your deck.

It may help to not only write down which card you are working with, but also the time of day, the weather, how you feel physically, mentally, and spiritually. If there are any major occurrences going on in your life that are front and center in your life, make note of that as well. The more detail you can make note of during each practice, the more you will be able to learn and memorize the mass of information that a single card is able to deliver.

The Card of the Day provides a vantage point for understanding daily occurrences as well as an image to meditate on in relation to your mood.

Write your notes so they mean something personal to you. Be familiar and pensive. Look at everything on the card, from the symbols in the image, look for things that indicate specifics in your life; historical or future. You want to feel your way through this exercise.

When you are meditating on the card, your analysis should turn the image into a story that you can relate to. The cards will show you the myriad forces and energies that are at play and can leave with insights that will allow you to use these forces to your benefit.

Every card has both positive and negative indications. They may present in different intensities depending on the day, but overall you should, with practice, find it easier and easier, as time goes by, to SEE the positivity or negativity of the card depending on the energy you feel as you examine the card.

Not only are you using the card images and meanings to create a pathway for wending through your day, you can use them to practice magick as you use the cards to rework the energies presented by the challenges regarding work, communication, health, finances, and relationships. The cards can tell you situations, energies and people to avoid, and you can use the cards to manifest outcomes that are different from what is suggested will happen in the cards.

Use the cards to focus yourself so that you can be in your best self and best moment, all day, every day. Using the cards to determine how a situation may go, allows you an ability to perhaps inject energies that will change outcomes. You can readily see places, people, and things, that you need to acquire or eliminate from your life, and why.

The cards are very useful in determining the pathway to bliss and happiness, which tends to be the opposite of the pathway most people tend to focus on. The cards can show you the eddies and traps you find yourself in within your day, and show you the pathway out of the negativity, improving your day, which in time, serves to improve your life, directing you towards your best life and all the magick that is available to you.

If anxiety, is an issue, a card of the day can be used to show you how to eliminate the anxiety, by showing you from whence it comes and how to eliminate it from your life.

Any time you don't have a specific question for the cards, the card of the day can create a simple framework that will both relax you and encourage you. This practice is one of the best ways to incorporate the tarot into your daily life, by using the practice simply for meditation or to learn how the cards will describe people, places and things.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Nancyk

Re: Card of the Day

Post by Nancyk »

Thank you for posting Tina. Yes, I find/found journaling to be very useful tool when larning the card meanings. Does anyone else journal?

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I journaled for years. I lost a ton of journals in my house fire, tho, so I only have those that I've created since then. These journals are documentation of readings I wanted to be able to go back to.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

I chose the 9 of Wands today.

The image is of a being in a white gown. She has three flames coming out of a crown on the top of her head, and is wrapped in her golden angel wings. The image is dark and the being appears to stand on the edge of a precipice that represents the edge of the universe and all that is. The solidity of the ground on which she stands is fluid and very much in flux. She seems confident, although scared and unsure if she's going to be successful. She is surrounded by a solid ring of blue white energy that seems to protect her.

I feel the confidence and the fear in this card. And I feel the nearly over aspect of the situation. I feel the idea that she is about to begin something very new and very different to her once this situation ends, and she knows she is ready for it, but is scared nonetheless.

looking at this card my recommendation to the sitter is to be comfortable in the safe place where they know they are and to avoid focusing on the fear, but rather to put their attention on what comes next, because THAT is far more important than the current situation that scares them.

I am using the Tarot of the Sidhe by Emily Carding. This is the Warrior Nine card in her deck.

Nancyk

Post by Nancyk »

I've recently bought myself a new deck, first one in about 8 years and Im so IN LOVE!!
I was wondering if anyone else would like to add comments about this card, not just for herb crafting, any crafting and archetypes we see.......anyone? :)

Today's card from the Herbcrafters Tarot written by Latisha Guthrie
, artwork by Joanna Powell Colbert is the Adelita of Water.

Herb: Ocotillo cactus

The Adelita of Water ,( knight of cups in traditional tarot) is committed to nurturing her spirit. She knows that time alone allows for her discovery of her innermost desires. As the inner hardwood of ocotillo is used as sturdy building material, she vows to be a model of self-care. Just as the beautiful flowers of the cactus remains safe at the top of the tall plant covered in hidden thorns, she shares her heart with brilliant flair while keeping it safe and protected from harm. She has a deeply caring center but will battle to protect her boundaries when it comes to them.

Are you establishing boundaries? You know it ok? 😀😽

That's all part of self care.

Image may contain: text that says "Adelita Water OCOTILLO"
Attachments
118806951_10223783690244459_8655911735931913606_o.jpg
118806951_10223783690244459_8655911735931913606_o.jpg (63.94 KiB) Viewed 3475 times

Demon Goddess
Site Admin

Post by Demon Goddess »

Looks like you're haha don't overdo the kool-aid.

I love this card.